Robeson Families –
Welcome – or welcome back – to Robeson! We are writing to introduce ourselves as this year’s PTA board. We are delighted to serve you this year. In general, the PTA supports families and faculty and staff. We do this by planning events, organizing volunteers, supporting student activities, spoiling teachers, fundraising, and anything else we can think of!
How can you be informed?
- Join the Friends of Robeson Facebook page
- Check this website regularly
- Join the Robeson MemberHub listserv
How can you be involved?
- Come to meetings! No commitment needed. The PTA is just family members like you who want to be informed and improve the school experience however they can.
- Become a member! Dues are low ($6/person or $10/couple) and help us pay our state dues. Fill out the attached membership form and send it back with your student or bring it to the PTA meeting on Sept. 17. You can also pay online at https://robeson.memberhub.store/
- Join a committee! Some committees in need of assistance are hospitality, fallapalooza, social, book fair, playground, fun day, and more.
- Volunteer on an ad-hoc basis. Look for sign-up opportunities to donate items or time (as little as an hour) as they come up.
What do we have planned?
Here are two upcoming events. Go to our calendar for more events!
- The first PTA meeting is Monday, Sept. 17th; following the Robeson Open House. Open House is 5:30-6:30pm and the PTA meeting immediately follows from 6:30-7:30pm. We provide pizza and babysitting at every meeting. In addition to telling you about the PTA and introducing new staff members, we will be revealing new playground plans and asking for input on a fundraising campaign!
- Fallapalooza, our fall festival, will be Oct. 5, from 5:30-7:30pm. There will be food and games. It is a fundraiser as well as a community building event. Planning and executing takes a lot of hands, so email Kristi if you are able to help out.
Who are we?
Here are your board members this year. Contact us at any time! You also have a number of committee chairs at your disposal! To get in touch with any of the board members or committee chairs, email kristimcduffie [at] gmail.com
President – Kristi McDuffie
Treasurer – Suzanna Coats
Vice President – Karen Shelton
Secretary – Melissa Ames
Click below for a copy of this letter and our membership form:
*edited 9/9/18 to reflect change of date/time for Open House and PTA meeting.