The Role of Fundraising
Fundraising is an important part of the PTA. On this page, read about small and large ways to contribute to fundraising efforts. Here is a list of where the fundraising goes:
- Educational programs; most notably, the ST Math program that students use in and outside of school. We also provide the Raz kids reading app. Each grade level also receives $500 toward field trips. Additional funding is sometimes available by request and fund availability.
- Teacher support; each teacher can be reimbursed for up to $100 on school-related expenses. The PTA also organizes teacher appreciation events, such as birthday items and monthly lunches. Finally, new teachers and staff members are given a Robeson T-shirt.
- Teacher development, such as supporting the annual faculty-staff retreat and curriculum materials.
- School events, such as Falapalooza and Fun Day at the end of the year. The PTA also contributes to family educational events such as Multicultural Night, Science Night, Screen Free Week, the Fishing Derby, and more.
- School improvement, such as outdoor basketball hoops and folding chairs for events.
- Student support, such as a book for every student and positive rewards for behavior. The PTA also contributes to the student clubs, from RBNC to running club and more. The PTA purchases student school planners from 3-5th grades.
See the calendar tab to contribute to fundraising events that the PTA hosts. Many of these events both develop student education, Robeson community, and raise money for the school, such as the Scholastic book fairs and the Falapalooza.
Besides these events, there are many small ways that you can contribute. Here are some options:
- Visit the book fair, held during parent-teacher conferences. Your peacebuilder receives affordable books (we still do buy-one-get-one-free in the spring!), and the school earns a little bit as well.
- Purchase some Robeson merchandise, available from the PTA, such as a t-shirt or sweatshirt for you or your child, which also shows your school spirit!
- Order your school supplies in a box; the PTA earns a little bit, and you don’t have to go school shopping or send in supplies with your student! Deadline is in June each year.
- Collect Box Tops and send them in with your student.
- Set your smile.amazon.com purchases to go to Robeson Elementary.
- Set your County Market and Schnucks rewards cards to go to Robeson Elementary.
- Other programs, such as a partnership with a local business, will be announced as they occur.